You are planning to visit Dubai or you are already here and thinking where you should go, The Marina Walk is a place to be. I would recommend visiting in the late afternoons, when the sun has gone down and stay till the night falls so as you can enjoy the stunning views.
Here are some of the photos showing the place, the sunset pictures I took them myself, the night pics took them from the Internet (from Rejetto/ Flickr Album);
Enjoy the montage of these short videos as well;
Here are some of the things you can do at Marina Walk;
- Shopping – The Marina Walk is situated near Dubai Marina Mall which is home to world reknown shopping retail stores such as Sephora, Ted Baker, Nike, Adidas, H&M, Juicy Coutoure, Steve Madden, Bath & Body Works, Aldo and so many more. You can also shop at the Mall, or the supermarkets located along the walk such as Zoom, Spinneys.
- Eat & Dine – Alongside the walk there are a number of restaurants, food outlets and cafés that are crowd favourites and have delicious cuisines. The likes of Tony Roma, Reem Al Bawadi Restaurant & Café, Nandos, Café Bateel, Johnny Rockets, Massimo’s, Layaly Beirut Restaurant and Coffee Shop, Marbaiya Restaurant & Cafe just to say the list. The Walk also gives you access to dining with magnificient views from Pier 7 and also at one of the finest lounges and restaurants available at hotels located along the walk.
- Tour The Mohammed Bin Ahmed Al Mulla Mosque on a guided visit, which normally last for about 45 minutes.
- Yachts & Dow Cruises – At the Walk you can choose the cruising trips for sightseeing either during the day, sunset or dinner. The trip shows you around the entire walk while being entertained inside with live dances and activities. I, myself prefer the sunset cruise, as it gives you a chance to take in the stunning views with the natural light but I have also fallen in love with the beautiful night skyline, when shops and restaurants are lit up, with the fresh air and calm settings.
- Circling around the walk or you can ride your scouter.
Depending on where you are, you can go to Marina Walk either by Rental Car or taxi or by using the metro.
If you are travelling with a Car, from Dubai, take an Exit 32 from Sheikh Zayed Road and follow the road signs/boards to Dubai Marina along Al Khayay Street until you reach the walk. From Abu Dhabi, take Exit 32, following Al Naseem Street, then to Al Marsa, then Al Khayay Street which will lead you to the Marina Walk.
Board the Dubai Metro Red line going to UAE Exchange/Rashidiya depending on where you are staying. Drop at DAMAC Properties station, and follow the left exit. From the station, The Marina Walk is a five minute walk.
Here is the Metro Map to guide you;